Visit Lobos island, it is just in front of Avanti!I ❤ FUERTEVENTURA
There are not many places like La Isla de Lobos . An unforgettable day is waiting (you will need about 6 hours).
You will neither find electricity nor drinking water. The stable society of the whole island consists of not even ten fishermen permanently living there.
It is a wild island where basic people live. Do not look for shops or restaurants because you won´t find them! There is nothing, but everything!
You will love if you like authentic places. That´s probably the best word to describe this island.
What to do?
- Go to the beach La Goncha and enjoy a swim with views to Fuerteventura
- Climb the volcano to get a marvellous overview and see the island Los Lobos and its neighbours Fuerteventura and Lanzarote from another perspective.
- Explore the island by foot or bike on its 2 to 3 hours circuit.
- Stop at the lagoons just in front of the small fishermen’s settlement.
- The perfect spot for snorkelling, swimming and sunbathing in an authentic and unique place. Once there, you will not stop to take photos.
- Enjoy a good and unique fish or paella lunch in the restaurant.
- Please go there only if it is not too hot.
- We recommend to take the boat after breakfast and come back at 16:00. You can purchase the ticket at reception (both ways cost 15 euros per person). The mooring in the harbour is only 5 min away by foot.
- Do not forget to take sun screen and hat with you.
- Remember to book the restaurant. It is recommendable to book for lunch directly once you have arrived on Lobos (as it is the only place it can be quite busy and possible you won´t get a table). Keep in mind that the menu is simple because there is no menu. You can choose between Paella or fresh fish (aprox. 9 euros each dish).
- If you have, take your snorkelling equipment.
- Get to know the island while hiking: On the island you find many
interesting paths and you can even climb the volcano.
Please remember that in order to access Lobos island it is now needed to get a legal authorization. Please ask at the Reception and we will do it for you.